Along with the announcements about the new Zenbook Ultrabooks, All-in-ones, Asus silently spilled details about the upcoming Asus Transformer book.
“ASUS Transformer Book is the world’s first ultraportable to combine the best features of a notebook and tablet. When it’s time to work, Transformer Book is a powerful and fully featured notebook with a high-capacity hard drive. When its time to relax, the high-definition display detaches from the keyboard dock and Transformer Book instantly becomes a multi-touch Windows 8 tablet with its own blazingly fast SSD storage. With Smart Battery technology that ensures maximum mobile performance in both modes, Transformer Book the perfect solution for anyone who needs all the power of a notebook with the versatility of a tablet.”
The Asus Transformer Book is expected to have the following specs with no word on availability date.
- CPU Core options up to Core i7 3517U
- Full HD 10-point touchscreen. IPS.
- 128GB SSD (tablet) + hard drive storage (up to 500GB) in keyboard dock
- 4GB RAM
- Micro HDMI (tablet)
- Micro SD (tablet)
- Headset port (tablet)
- Sensors (Gyroscope, compass, accelerometer)
- 720p (1.3MP) front cam. Internal mic
- (Optional) 5MP rear-facing camera.
On the docking keyboard…
- SonicMaster stereo speakers
- Backlit Keyboard
- Magnetic charger connector (dock)
- Mini DisplayPort (dock)
- 2x USB3.0 (dock)
- Ethernet (dock)
- Full SD port (keyboard)
If the price starts with $1000-$1300, I think it would be a killer deal. What do you think?