Bing today announced its updates to Bing webmaster tools that enables them to manage their websites for Bing search engine. It will drive more visitors to your site using Bing data on search queries, crawling and search traffic. Some of the major features and improvements Bing Webmaster account users are listed below.
- Crawl delay configurable by the hour
- Users can ask us to crawl slower during peak business hours and have us crawl faster during off-peak hours
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality allows you to create a crawl graph by clicking and dragging your mouse pointer across the graph. You can easily fine tune by clicking individual columns, too.
- Feature enables dedicated pre-set crawl settings for AJAX websites
- Index Explorer
This is a complete rewrite of the Index Tracker backend focusing on the following tenants:
- Reduced machine footprint
- Stability and failure detection
- New sites will have Index Explorer data the moment they sign up
- User and role management
- Site owners can now grant admin, read / write, or read-only access to other users for their site using their existing verification code
- They can also grant users access to parts of their sites (subdomains or folders)
More details at Bing blog.