Microsoft’s Xbox 360 held the position as the No.1 selling game console in the US for the past 32 months and it has come to an end this month. According to NPD sales data, Sony’s PS3 sold more units that Xbox 360 largely due to the GTA5 launch bundle. However, Microsoft has also got some good news on its sales charts.
· Last month marked the biggest September software sales ever for Xbox 360, with sales reaching $401.2 million the most for any console in the U.S.
· Xbox 360 continues to see strong consumer demand with an amazing lineup of titles. In fact, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 consoles games during the month of September including: “Grand Theft Auto V,” “FIFA 14,” “Madden NFL 14,” “Diablo III” and “NBA 2K14.”
· Xbox 360 remains the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013, with 1.6 million units sold this year.
Microsoft also announced three new holiday bundles of Xbox 360 that will go on sale along with the new Xbox One.
· Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle with “Halo 4” and “Tomb Raider” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99.
· Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two” and “Kinect Adventures” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99.
· Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two,” “Kinect Adventures,” and “Forza Horizon” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $349.99.
Source: NPD via: Microsoft