Fujitsu today doubled its Touch portfolio of LIFEBOOK Notebooks and Tablet PCs targeted towards businesses. Fujitsu LIFEBOOK U904 Ultrabook comes with 3200×1800 IGZO touch display while LIFEBOOK S904 Ultrabook comes with clear-cut 13.3-inch 2560×1440 touch display. Fujitsu also announced couple of 2-in-1s and tablets. All these devices will come with Windows 8.1 pre-installed.
Read full press release after the break.
Fujitsu today launches an entire portfolio of business-class notebook and tablet PCs. With more than 20 years heritage in innovating tablet PCs that are built for the enterprise but designed for the user, Fujitsu has created a full range of ‘All New in Touch’ devices that empower people to achieve their full potential – at work or at play on their selected device – while instinctively feeling secure and in control.
Fujitsu is committed to delivering a range of future-proof features that people need to achieve their differing tasks, while meeting the highest security standards and delivering an ecosystem of services and solutions that ensure easy integration and compatibility with customers’ current Information and Communications Technology (ICT). In doing so, Fujitsu works with its customers to help them to enhance the value of their business by integrating ubiquitous ICT systems with new technologies and so deliver business innovation to contribute to a Human Centric Intelligent Society.
The fast-paced development of mobile communication and collaboration tools has driven a revolution in how people are choosing to live and work. A human-centric approach is replacing the computer-centric era, meaning intuitive and easy-to-use mobile devices, like tablet PCs, provide a completely new user experience and connect people to each other and to the data that they want – whenever and wherever they want it.
To harness the transformative power of technology, Fujitsu has matched the needs of particular types of work roles, to optimize the mix of benefits customers want. Examples of such benefits include, always being in touch with colleagues and data, all-day battery runtime, travelling without a heavy burden, or durability even in tough environments. Fujitsu’s four ‘Touch Concepts’ enable businesses and users to match their technology needs with efficient and effective work styles and new and satisfying user experiences:
- Touch Notebooks are for users that require intelligent performance, full ergonomics and connectivity – for example, for IT professionals, finance analysts or doctors. New portfolio members include:
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK U904 which is the thinnest business Ultrabook in the 14-inch class, only 15.5mm at 1.39 kg, with Revolutionary crystal clear 14.0-inch (3200×1800) IGZO display and touchscreen option, incorporating ultimate security features, backlit keyboard and optional port replicator.
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S904 with Evolutionary clear-cut 13.3-inch (2560×1440) anti-glare display option for in- and outdoor use, touchscreen option and unlimited computing with up to 24-hours* battery runtime and modular bay concept for optical disk drive, second hard disk or battery. *up to 24 hours with first and second battery.
- 2-in-1s are for knowledge workers with higher productivity needs, such as general managers, executives or insurance agents. New portfolio members include:
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK T904, which is a unique 13.3-inch classic convertible Ultrabook with IGZO display, super light weight and 17.1 mm thin. Comprises user-exchangable battery, and bi-directional super high-definition rotatable display, plus dual digitizer for pen and finger input and backlit keyboard.
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK T734 with bi-directional rotatable display including pen and finger input, complete set of security features – including SmartCard, and a modular bay offering versatility and mobility.
- Business Tablets are for mobile workers who share and view content, for example sales personnel, teachers, flight attendants or information terminals. New models will join the range in 2014.
- Specialized tablets are for highly-mobilized roles where additional features are required, such as field engineers, production controllers, chemists, nurses, haulage workers, surveyors or retail point of sale.
- FUJITSU STYLISTIC Q584, which is a super thin and light semi-ruggedized 10.1-inch tablet PC, with Revolutionary high resolution display (2560×1600), optional NFC, cradle and dockable keyboard.
- FUJITSU STYLISTIC Q704, which is a unique 12.5-inch (1920×1080) semi-ruggedized tablet PC comprising up to powerful 4th gen. Core i7 vPro processor technology, dual performance mode for up to 16 hours in working mode*, optional NFC, cradle and 2 dockable keyboard variants. * 16 hours with first and second battery in keyboard
- To meet additional specialized needs, Fujitsu is introducing a range of built-to-order ‘Shell’ options for both new STYLISTIC tablets. The first of these are:
- Fuctional Shell, which is also semi-ruggedized and has VESA bearings for additionally mountable accessories, for example a hand strap for easy and safe use in many different situations
- SmartCard Shell, offers added security due to a SmartCard slot, which however, removes protection against dust and water.
All new models include Microsoft Windows 8.1, touch screen option, and enterprise-class security.
Further information on the new models is available at: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/pc/index.html
Pricing and availability
The new generation of FUJITSU LIFEBOOK and STYLISTIC are available to order internationally via Fujitsu and its distribution partners from October 2013 (depending on model). Prices vary by model and configuration. The family includes:
• LIFEBOOK U904 available from mid of October 2013
• LIFEBOOK S904 available from mid of November 2013
• STYLISTIC Q584 available from end of November 2013
• STYLISTIC Q704 available from mid of December 2013
• LIFEBOOK T904 available from beginning of January 2014
• LIFEBOOK T734 available from beginning of January 2014