Today at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, Cisco announced that they have signed a multi-year sales and go-to-market deal with Microsoft. This deal is focused on modernizing data centers through the delivery and acceleration of integrated solutions. Microsoft and Cisco will collaborate through sales, marketing and engineering departments on integrating market leading technologies, including Cisco Unified Computing System” (UCS), Cisco Nexus switching and Microsoft Cloud OS solutions including Windows Server, System Center, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
- Cisco and Microsoft agree to a three-year go-to-market plan focused on transforming data centers through the delivery of integrated solutions for enterprise customers and service providers.
- In year one, the companies will focus on six countries — the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Australia — with expansion to additional countries in the following years.
- Cisco and Microsoft will align partner incentive programs to accelerate solutions selling via mutual channel partners.
- Cisco and Microsoft sales teams will work together on cloud and data center opportunities, including an initial program focused on the migration of Windows 2003 customers to Windows 2012 R2 on the Cisco UCS platform.
- Integrated solutions will focus on private cloud, server migration, service provider, and SQL Server 2014
- Cisco technologies to include Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus switching, Cisco UCS Manager with System Center integration modules, and Cisco PowerTool.
- Cisco-based integrated infrastructure solutions will include FlexPod with NetApp and Cisco Solutions for EMC VXPEX.
- Microsoft technology includes Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, PowerShell, Microsoft Azure and SQL Server 2014
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Cisco InterCloud Fabric to be integrated in the solutions in future releases
Read full press release here.