Project Siena is a new product that enables your business experts, analysts, and imagineers to create transformative business apps. With Siena, they can now build custom apps with rich visuals, filled with custom intelligence and functionality, with no programming skills required. Today, they announced the availability of the Beta3 release of Project Siena which makes it even easier for business experts, business analysts and other app imagineers to create powerful custom mobile apps that are connected to enterprise services, major SaaS, and popular web and social services.
Since we released Project Siena to the public, we have seen an immense level of excitement and usage from our enterprise customers and solution partners. We have seen business people create powerful, custom mobile-first apps, often in hours, without any programming needed at all. We have also seen mobile apps that transform business processes by extending back-end services and SaaS with signal-rich and media-rich experiences that simply couldn’t have been imagined before mobile devices.
The Beta3 release is a major addition to Project Siena’s empowerment of business experts and analysts. Key new functionality includes:
- One-click read/write connection to Yammer, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Coursera, Bing Search, and Bing Translate.
- Connections to more types of RESTful services with OAuth 1 and OAuth 2 support.
- A WADL accelerator for the ecosystem to rapidly create connections to RESTful services – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Write back to SharePoint lists.
- Data visualization through interactive charts.
- International languages support throughout the UI and in formulas and functions – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Across the board improvements, including more control over interactivity and design.