After Microsoft added the Unity framework support in Windows and Windows Phone Store last year, there are more than 2000 games now available in our stores. Microsoft is happy with the way Unity Developer program for Windows is progressing and they are announcing a new special incentive offer, exclusively for Unity developers, to continue to create great games for Windows. Unity developers can get some great benefits including store registration, a Microsoft Windows 8 license, a Windows device (phone/tablets), a promotional package and technical assistance.
Read more about it below,
How to qualify:
- Any Unity developer using Unity 4 to develop their games and apps can apply.
- Applicants are required to have experience with shipping games and apps on mobile platforms.
- The content that is submitted for review needs to stand out: it needs to be innovative, interesting, and different from the other games and apps in its genre.
- Some benefits may not be available in some countries, check the Terms and Conditions.
If you apply and submit existing content:
If you have existing games published on other mobile platforms (iOS, Android), make sure you list your top titles in the application. Existing games need to have received a minimum 3 star rating, with a significant number of downloads.
If you apply without published content:
Microsoft encourages Unity developers with a great mobile project in the pipeline to apply. Each developer application will be evaluated on its own merits, and your project may even qualify for the AppCampus offer. Note however that evaluation of new projects will take more time.
The incentive offer provides two levels of benefits:Level 1:
- Free Dev Center account for Windows and Windows Phone stores
- Free Microsoft Windows 8 Pro License
- 1 Developer device (phone or tablet)
- Priority review for store promotionLevel 2:
- Level 1 benefits + the following
- 1,000,000 impressions ad package on Adduplex
- 1 more Developer device (phone or tablet)
- Feature placement on the Windows made with Unity Gallery
- Access to technical assistance