Today Microsoft announced its update to its online service suite Office 365. The service is also expanding to 22 new countries around the world.
Here are some of the key updates,
- Support for SharePoint Business Connectivity Services – Businesses can now connect critical line-of-business applications, such as CRM or SAP software, in a familiar SharePoint interface.
- Windows Phone 7.5 Support – End users can access and update documents in SharePoint Online from anywhere using their Windows Phone.
- Self-Serve Password Reset – IT Admins gain easier security resets with our a Password Reset Tool.
- Lync for Mac – Mac users continue to gain features including full Lync client for instant messaging chats, and presence information in Office applications. They can now also host voice and video conferences with just like their PC based counterparts.
- Office Web App Preview in Outlook Web Access (OWA) – Users can now display Office document attachments in Outlook Web Access for easier on the go edit and review.
Microsoft also announced that more than 90 percent of Office 365 customers are small businesses with fewer than 50 employees, while over 40% of the Top 100 Brands (according to Interbrand) use Office 365 or related cloud productivity services from Microsoft.
You can find more info on this here.