Microsoft India has partnered with HP and Pearson to launch a tablet targeting higher educational students in engineering and management streams. HP Omni10 Windows 8.1 tablet will include content from Pearson and Microsoft Office. It is priced at Rs 29,999 and will be available for all technical and management institutes at an EMI plan of Rs 2,990 per month for 12 months (taxes additional). This offer will be available till June 15th.
HP Omni 10 specs:
- Intel® Atom® Z3770 (1.46 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores),
- 2GB RAM,
- 32GB internal memory with MicroSD card support,
- Up to 8.5 hours of battery life
- 10″ diagonal WVA multitouch enable (With Corning Gorilla Glass 3) (1920 x 1200)
- 720p 2 MP (front-facing webcam); 8MP with Auto-Focus(rear-facing webcam)
- Stereo speakers; HP Premium Sound
- Accelerometer; Gyroscope; Ambient light sensor; Hall; eCompass
Apart from the above specs, the following additional content and offers will be available on this tablet.
Microsoft will provide a preloaded set of 10 e-books, access to various Microsoft developer tools and servers through the DreamSpark student site, single sign-on student mail IDs as well as a 50 GB mail box and 25 GB OneDrivePro free. The tablet offers Pearson’s e-learning content, including theory papers of first semester engineering and MBA courses. Pearson self-learning course module will provide multimedia content for first semester engineering students and student guides/notes, flash cards, and video case studies for first semester MBA students.