Microsoft today released set of firmware and driver updated for both its Surface RT and Surface Pro devices. These update brings enhance stability, reliability and more. Here is the full change log.
Windows RT 8.0 updates only:
- UEFI firmware update that optimizes the audio experience at low volumes and removes a perceived pulsing in audio volume for some content.
- Update to system drivers that enhance stability and reliability.
Windows 8.0 update only:
- UEFI and System Aggregator (SAM) firmware update that enhances system stability, reliability, reduces power consumption, and improves touch latency with the touchpad on the Surface Type Cover and Surface Touch Cover.
Updates are automatically installed on Surface through Windows Update. If you want to manually install, follow the below steps.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap or click Settings. (If you’re using a mouse, point to upper-right corner of screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.)
- Tap or click Change PC settings.
- Under PC settings, tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check for updates now. When updates are available, you will see a message that tells you how many updates are available. You may need to restart Surface after the updates have been installed.