Microsoft today announced the release of MapPoint 2013 for US and Canada. Microsoft MapPoint is a powerful mapping software that makes it easy to combine business data with mapping and location. Using MapPoint, you can turn complex business information stored in spreadsheets and data tables into easy-to-understand maps. You can even use MapPoint with your compatible GPS locator to add real-time routing and directions. MapPoint can also be used for travel planning, etc, along with Business Intelligence.
Following are the improvements over the previous version of MapPoint,
- New: Updated maps of the United States and Canada, new look and 2.5M points of interest
- New: Hotel and restaurant reviews and ratings
- Demographic Data: Combine business data with demographics to find and target potential customers, and focus your business decisions
- Integration: Insert maps into the work you do in Microsoft Office
- GPS Ready: Create routes and share to your navigation devices1
- Create Sales Territories: Share performance maps to clearly visualize, analyze, and communicate performance
- Customize Map Settings: Choose whether cities, highways, local roads and parks show on your map
- Pushpin Images: Includes those from previous versions of MapPoint
- Programming: Build custom solutions and Office add-ins
Read more at Bing Maps blog.