Microsoft has released Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 Community Technology Preview 1 (CTP 1). Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 CTP 1 includes the latest software updates, feature additions, and bug fixes. VisualStudio Magazine reported the following updates/improvements in this preview,
- Profiler, with an expanded Performance and Diagnostics hub.
- IntelliTrace, which is now more tightly integrated with Application Insights.
- Testing tools, which now allows custom fields and custom work flows for test plans and test suites.
- The Visual Studio IDE, with numerous enhancements to CodeLens, Code Map, Debugger Map and binary functionality.
- The Debugger has one interesting upgrade: debugging is now supported for x86 applications built in .NET Native. .NET Native, released as a developer preview in April, is a compiler that strikes a compromise between the performance of C++ native code and the efficiency of C# managed code. The first release of .NET Native only supported x64 architecture.