INSTEON, one of the best-selling home automation and control technology, yesterday announced that an enhanced version of its INSTEON app will be available for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 devices as of June 1, 2014. The upcoming INSTEON app for Windows 8.1 will feature the following,
- Visitor Mode – provides restricted access to children or guests in your home
- Live Tiles – get status on multiple devices directly on your Windows 8.1 Start screen (not currently available on Windows Phone 8)
- Enhanced Camera Support – view multiple cameras at once, view full-screen, and camera support without the need of an INSTEON Hub
- Multi-House Support – enables you to control multiple homes or businesses from a single account
- Dashboard View – a quick and organized view of the status of your home
Also, starting June 1, 2014, INSTEON connected home products will be available for purchase on MicrosoftStore.com and by early July they will be available in most Microsoft Stores across the U.S., marking Microsoft’s retail entry into the connected home market.
Microsoft Stores, in a continuing effort to provide choice, value and service for its customers, will offer a range of INSTEON products, including three unique kits — a Starter Kit, Home Kit and Business Kit — and five standalone devices, including the INSTEON Leak Sensor, Open/Close Sensor, LED Bulb, On/Off Module and Wireless Wi-Fi Camera. Prices will range from $29.99 to $79.99, with kits starting at $199.