Yesterday, Microsoft detailed the March Xbox One system update that will start rolling out in early March. This update will include multiplayer and party improvements out in time for the March 11 launch of “Titanfall”. Apart from the improvements Microsoft listed below, Microsoft will also improve the accuracy of Xbox One controller. Speaking to The Verge, Titanfall design lead Justin Hendry revealed that the upcoming software patch will make the analog sticks more precise than before.
“It’s just fixing the controller input, really,” he tells The Verge, adding that the team worked with Microsoft on the solution. “It wasn’t really where we felt it should be; it was a little overly twitchy with the current controls. Now it’s fixed. We’re happy with it.”
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
Source: The Verge