Last year, Microsoft revealed the third generation Photosynth technology. This preview version of Photosynth is dramatic step forward in smoothness and simplicity and it supports four basic experiences: spin, panorama, walk, and wall. Today, Photosynth team has released another update to its Technology Preview. Also you no longer need to sign up to the Tech Preview separately from the Photosynth website.
- New ways to explore synths: To help you discover other users’ synths, we now provide you with different views. From all recent synths to all-time favorites to your own my feed – you’ll quickly get addicted to browsing new synths.
- Synth comments: You can now not only like synths in the Tech Preview but comment on them. Let other synth creators know how awesome their synths are.
- My feed and following users: You can follow another user’s account. Once you follow a user, their synths will appear in your new my feed under the explore dropdown.
- Featured synths: The Tech Preview already has a featured synths view of the most interesting synths being created. Get featured on this page by our editorial team and you’ll now be notified of your achievement via email. New featured synths will now also display a shiny featured badge to let the world know.
- Email notifications: You can now receive email notifications when someone likes one of your synths, comments on one or replies to one of your comments. Don’t care for email notifications? You can unsubscribe from any or all notifications through your user settings.
- Geotagged synths: If you upload a synth where at least one of the images contains GPS coordinates, we now give you the option to show the location of your synth to other users. Geotagged synths also now show a map of their locations in the synth information view.
Visit http://photosynth.net/preview and enjoy the experience.
Source: Photosynth blog