According to the latest report from NSS Labs, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer emerged as the safest web browser against social engineering attacks. Your browser is your first line of defense against social engineering attacks such as phishing and socially engineered malware. It is always recommended to use a safest browser like latest version of Internet Explorer.
Here are the NSS Labs findings:
- The browser is the first line of defense against multiple web-based threats; however, with a maximum historical protection rate of just 80 percent, the browser should not be the only line of defense.
- Products that do not provide the bulk of their protection in the earliest hours of an attack are not meeting the security requirements of today threatscape.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer continues to provide the best combination of malware and phishing protection.
- The application reputation technologies used by browsers from both Microsoft and Google provide a significantly safer browsing experience than do the browsers from Apple and Mozilla.
- User education is often better protection against social engineering attacks than browser technologies.
Read more from the link below.
Source: NSS Labs