Standout features for consumers include cloud storage for settings, allowing them to be portable from computer to computer, API’s for tablet screen rotation, native support for Windows Phone 7-like push notifications, permissions for apps, such as webcam access, streaming apps and of course being able to reset your computer to factory state.
The full list is below:
- Will be possible to access the personalization, bookmarks and content from any computer , as you can read this in a string inside the file usercpl.dll (picture on top of this article)
- Possible presence of a new viewer Guide
- Improved stability of Windows Explorer when plugin is not working: a preview of the file will be generated on a separate process
- New page MAINTENANCE in the Control Panel
- Support for discs undo file to VHD
- Sizing dynamic memory for virtual machines
- New API for energy saving
- Detection tool for unsafe settings in Internet Explorer
- There is a new library for the API close to the M1 now empty
- New API for tablet devices: SetProcessAutoRotation, CreateWindowInBand, InjectTabletButton
- Wake on LAN native: If you try to access a computer off, you are asked if you want to turn it on by sending a special data packet.
- Native support for Push notifications
- API for package management Appx
- API reputation applications
- You can specify whether to enable the technology of streaming applications(download just-in-time) for the specific application.
- There will be a dependency for packages such as Linux.
- Before installation, the user will be informed of the application can perform operations such as: access to the Internet, take pictures and video with the webcam, go to the specific library or all your files.
- You can specify the URL of “trigger” to launch the application automatically when you visit certain addresses , such as clicking a link to YouTube, the video may be viewed in a native application.
- Utility to reset the system
- Portable Workspaces Creator
- New UI for installing the system, based on DirectUI
- New utilities for disk wiping
Read more at Windows8Italia here.
Via: Adriano Alfaro