As we near the launch of Windows 8 Technical Preview, more details about it is getting leaked online everyday. Today, WZor posted few information on Twitter regarding Windows 9. Find the summary below,
- Metro UI won’t be enabled by default in Enterprise and Server versions.
- Special build of Windows 9 Enterprise Technical Preview is compiled already, OEM test builds of Windows 9 Pro won’t be available for public.
- Test build of Windows 9 RT for ARM processors is compiled too, but it can be tested only on Surface 3.
- Microsoft is planning to attract more users to Windows 9 by offering great deals for Windows 7 users.
- Those who bought Windows 8 Retail versions or bought a machine with it, will receive special offer, worth about 20$.
- Windows 9 will support 3D on UHD TV.
- New feature: backup and restore system image from cloud.
- Microsoft is developing ability to virtualize backups of physical systems in the cloud.
- “Cloud hypervisor” – it’s a reality.
I’m more interested in knowing about the last three bullet points above. We have seen many patents related to cloud based virtualization solutions for desktops from Microsoft in the past.