Today Microsoft MSN announced a new website called msnNOW. msnNOW will present the most interesting trends from real-time sources like Facebook, Twitter, Bing, and BreakingNews.com. The new site will offer the following,
• Breaking trends. Up-to-the-minute coverage on breaking trends from across the Web, with the option to sort by areas of interest, including entertainment, sports, lifestyle, stories of the day and finance.
• Variety of sources. Coverage on and insight into the hottest social trends happening on Facebook, Twitter, Breakingnews.com and Bing.
• Anywhere access. Access via PC, mobile, tablets, Facebook and Twitter, allowing you to join the conversation anytime and from anywhere.
• Biggest movers. Keep track of the day’s most buzzed-about and discussed topics from millions of analyzed tweets, comments and searches, and see if it’s on the way up or on the way out.
• Topic pages. A closer look at a topic, including a summary of why it’s trending, recent videos and images, and related tweets, public Facebook posts and information from Bing, MSN and the Web.
The technology behind msnNOW is called Demand Dashboard,
Every moment of every day, people are searching, sharing, tweeting and posting content. With so much information available, it’s hard for you to know what’s trending and why; so every few minutes our newly developed “Demand Dashboard” looks back at the last 24 hours to tally, sort and analyze millions of Bing searches, public Facebook posts, tweets, shared URLs and breaking news stories. It sifts through all the data and looks for patterns to emerge – detecting breaking trends as they happen, so you can easily find out what everyone will be talking about. We think that by applying this new technology, msnNow can deliver timely and socially relevant information so you can stay in the know.