Microsoft today announced a new option in Outlook.com that allows consumers to easily switch from Gmail to Outlook.com. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps to connect your Gmail account to your Outlook.com account. This will import your Gmail emails into your Outlook.com inbox and, your Google contacts will automatically appear in Outlook.com. Also the new tool will even set up your Gmail address as a “send-only” account so you can continue to send email from your @gmail.com address, right from Outlook.com, if you still want to.
How it works:
- To begin, simply start the process here and sign in with your Outlook.com account. If you want all your mail from Gmail to be copied into a new set of subfolders, click Options and select that option, otherwise click Start.
- You’ll then need to sign in to Gmail and grant the tool access to your account. Once you OK this, we’ll start copying email into your account and you’ll be navigated back to Outlook.com.
- The mail that’s currently in your inbox will be copied from Gmail. We won’t make any changes to your Gmail account.
- Once you start the import process, we’ll send you step-by-step instructions on how to set up email auto-forwarding. This enables your Gmail account to forward all your future email to Outlook.com.
- That’s it, you’re done! The rest, we’ll handle. The import happens in the background, so you can continue using Outlook.com or even log out while it’s happening. Once the import is complete, we’ll send you an email to let you know we’ve finished.
You can visit help site for more details.