From their blog,
- Microsoft Translator API available via the Windows Azure Marketplace at various volume levels to meet your needs
- Reiterating our support for standards by supporting OData and adding standards based (OAuth) authentication for greater security
- Publishing the pricing model for the various subscription tiers to best fit your needs (in addition to the free tier that we currently offer)
In addition to the MS Translator API in Windows Azure Marketplace, the following are the changes to the pricing model. The good news is that existing licenses are not affected by this announcement and free tier API’s for hobbyists still exists.
- In addition to a no-cost tier that is designed for low-volume and hobbyist use, you can today subscribe to higher volume tiers at an attractive price point.
- You can subscribe to tiers ranging from 4M (million) characters a month onwards, priced at US $10 per million characters.
- As an introductory offer, we are also announcing a 120 day (4 month) promotional free trial on all paid subscriptions for a limited time.
Good news from the MS Translator team.
Thanks to Michael Gillett for the heads up.