You have seen this story for almost 2.5 years now, but the latest numbers from the NPD market research firm show that Microsoft sold 114,000 Xbox 360s in April, dominating the US console industry inside the living room. This is down from 130,000 sold last month. The Nintendo 3DS was actually the top selling video game hardware platform, but it is a portable device, so not exactly in the same category. Sony decided not to disclose their number for the month of May.
The top selling games for the month of May across also consoles were:
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, NWU)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS, WII)
- Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- Metro: Last Light (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, WII, NWU, PSP, PC)
- Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, WII, NDS, PS3, 3DS, NWU, PSV, PC)
Read GeekWire’s full post for more analysis on the state of the game industry.