During the major re-organization announced last year at Microsoft, Applications and Services Group was one of the major division. Applications and Services Group is now headed by Qi Lu who was formerly responsible for Bing and related services at Microsoft. Applications and Services Group now includes Microsoft Office, Skype, Bing, MSN and Advertising. Mary Jo Foley from ZDNet today revealed the various teams behind ASG at Microsoft. It is interesting to see how Microsoft has formed the teams, take a look at it below.
- Information Platform - Led by David Ku
- Bing Experiences – Led by Derrick Connell
- Advertising & Consumer Monetization - Led by Rik van der Kooi
- Information & Content Consumption Experiences - Led by Brian MacDonald
- Skype & Lync – Led by Gurdeep Singh Pall
- Office Client Services
- Office Server Services
- Microsoft Business Solutions (dotted-line responsibility) – Led by Kirill Tatarinov
Read more about each of the team above from the source link below. Julie Larson-Green will become chief experience officer for products including Bing, Office and Skype, among others products. She’ll report to Qi Lu. Read about her new role here.