Microsoft Studios has acquired the “Rise of Nations” franchise and has announced “Rise of Nations: Extended Edition” is coming to Steam Store next month. Rise of Nations is a real-time strategy game that spans all history. Start with a single city in the Ancient Age; gather resources; build an infrastructure; research technologies; construct Wonders of the World such as the Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower; and expand your military might across the world, conquering hostile nations with bombers, battleships, and tanks—all over your lunch hour!
In Rise of Nations there are:
- 18 Nations—each with special abilities and unique military units.
- Over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Over two dozen buildings with upgrades and technologies that will take your nation from a small City to an Information Age society.
- 14 Wonders of the World—the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each gives your nation special bonuses.
- More than a dozen map types, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Conquer the World campaign—a linked series of dozens of scenarios.
Extended Edition includes:
- Rise of Nations
- Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
New in the Extended Edition:
- Improved Visuals
- Improved water
- Improved textures
- Full-screen anti-aliasing
- Full Steamworks Integration
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Trading Cards
- Cloud saves
- Extended Features
- Twitch Integration