Microsoft and Sony has finally revealed most of the details on their next generation gaming consoles. While both Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PS4 has almost identical specs, they differ in many other ways. Sony PlayStation 4 is now leading the pre-order sales over Xbox One in many Amazon websites around the world. There are many reason behind it. For example, the recently revealed details on Xbox One’s DRM, pricing and other details has take a hit at their pre-order sales.
There is a positive news for Microsoft, they can fix all the issues/misconceptions around the console right now.
1) 24 hours login requirement – Microsoft can easily change their decision to allow gamers to login once a week with other tweaks in policies.
2) Used games: Microsoft’s message that developers can opt-in/opt-out for used games restriction didn’t reach out to the consumers fully yet. Also Xbox One allows you to share games with upto 10 people and you can access your games from anywhere.
“In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.
We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”
3) Most important thing, Price! : Xbox 360 was $100 cheaper than Sony PS3 and now it’s the opposite. Xbox One costs $499 which includes Kinect 2.0 whereas Sony PS4 costs $399 without PS Eye accessory. PS Eye costs $59 separately. Since Xbox One is going on sale in November in 21 markets well before Sony PS4′s late December launch, I think Microsoft can adjust price and SKUs to better compete with Sony when needed.
Here are the list of Amazon stores compiled by @winobs,
- Amazon.com(US) has the PS4 at #1 and the Xbox One at #2
- Amazon.de (Germany) has the PS4 at #1 and the Xbox One at #3.
- Amazon.co.uk (Britain) has the PS4 at #1 and Xbox One at #3.
- Amazon.fr (France) has the PS4 at #2 and the Xbox One at #6.
- Amazon.it (Italy) has the PS4 at #1 and the Xbox One at #5.
- Amazon.es (Spain) has the PS4 at #1 and the Xbox One at #5
via: Windows Observer