Windows 8 developers have a problem testing apps for tablets, given that the vast majority of PCs do not have touch screens. One touch screen device that has a pretty high penetration is however the iPad, and Splashtop’s Win8 Metro Testbed allows developers to remotely access their Windows 8 developer machine and try out all major Windows 8 gestures on their iPad.
The app supports:
- Swipe from the right to view the Charms menu
- Swipe from the left to switch apps
- Swipe left/right in Internet Explorer to move between pages
- Swipe down to bring up additional menus
- Swipe down on an item to select it
- Pull down from the top to close an app
- Swipe slowly from the left to run two apps side-by-side ("snapping")
- Swipe from left-and-back to show running apps
- Pinch to navigate files, folders, apps and data with Semantic Zoom
- And more
The iPad app costs $49.99 ($24.99 for a limited period at launch however) and can be found in the App store here.
Read more about the app at Splashtop here.